Well to follow a friend’s blog (Deb @ Mom of 3 Girls) I am doing my first Thursday Thirteen…we’ll see what I come up with.
1) JEL and I have a cold which is playing havoc at home right now, as we are trying not to get my wife sick. I think Diva-PJ gave it to us but you never know.
2) My dad and grandmother are coming into town next week Thursday and we are defnitely looking forward to it. This will be the first time they have met Diva-PJ!
3) I love the fact that Spring is upon us, though that has equated to more work outside which is a prescious commodity especially with a baby that does not let us put her down much.
4) Work is calming down as we get ready for graduation which is in 2 weeks and finals week that starts a week from tomorrow.
5) It’s rummage sale time of year, time to get all the deal that you can…I would be all over going to our friend Kristi and Deb’s sale especially for clothes if I was in the same state, but oh well…
6) Does anyone else out there think that the whole democratic primary is getting out of hand…someone just need to be named the candidate…geez (Better keep the political speech down to a minimum).
7) JEL has lately had a aversion to riding her big girl bike though she is very good at it. She had a scare where she accidently rode it out into a busy street (we caught her right as she went out in it) but she knew she was not in a place where she should have been and since then has not wanted to ride the bike much.
8) Can anyone tell me how the heck to insert pictures between my writings as I cnnot seem to get the blogger.com site to allow me to do this. Whenever I try and insert a picture it always places it at the top of the page and then my text goes beneath…
9) I find it interesting that there are so many blogs for moms and a lack of blogs for dads…at least I don’t know where to find them… how do you find all of the blogs you enjoy reading?
10) Last night we heard this awful sound coming from JEL’s room, only to find out that she was grinding her teeth. This sound was something I heard from the other side of the house it was a bit creepy. We have no clue what to do about this and may call the Dentist today to ask for advice.
11) Sad news this week, we found out that one of my inlaws cats Piper has Cancer and they do not know how long she will live. They knew that one of their other cats (Minnie) was also not doing well, but now they have 2 cats that may not be with them much longer. The cats are definitely a part of the family, so I ask for continued prayers and support for them as they prepare to say goodbye.
12) Adsense – My blog now has Ad’s so if something looks interesting please click on it as I get paid for every click through – woo hoo… an extra earning opportunity.
13) Work from Home – J-Mom and I have talked about the fact that it would be great to find a work alternative that was genuine for her to make some income from home, but there are so many fradulent companies out there… anyone know of any that you would recommend?
I made it! My first Thursday Thirteen…
You would have made out like a bandit for Paige. I had so much beautiful stuff that my sister-in-law gave me from Kira when she was little.
Deb - Mom of 3 Girls says
Hey Chris – for the photos, just click on it when it appears at the top, then cut and paste it where you want it (ctrl+x to cut and ctrl+v to paste).
I have a bunch of stuff left over from the girls, clothes-wise too – darn it! 🙁
There are blogs for dads out there, but you’re right that they’re harder to find. I know that Sweet Juniper is written by a mom and dad team (in Detroit – they just had their second child too), and there’s also MetroDad that I know of too. You can find more of them at Alltop and Blog Catalog too. Good luck! 🙂
I know Mary’s been looking into the work-from-home options for several years and she hasn’t found much either, other than starting her own business. I hope you guys can find something that works well for Jean.
Congrats on your first Thursday Thirteen! 🙂 Did you link it over at the official site?
Man…I wish I was still in GR as it would have been nice to clean up for Paige as we are definitelylacking in clothes for her as she was born at a completely diffferent time and season than Juliana… yet another reason to be back in GR I guess…