This post is sponsored by Mirum, but opinions expressed are my own.
It’s almost Easter and that means that you may be already working on some Easter Baskets for the kids. Usually you would fill it with sweets but what about creating some baskets with other items that your kids will love?
For me, I tend to know my kids, and I know what they love. While they do love chocolate, they also love snacks and lately I have been going through my fill of Slim Jim snacks and popcorn – the kids can’t get enough of them.
I decided to forego some of the candy to create an Easter Basket that will be different than they have ever had before. I went to my local Walmart to stock up and I not only found every Slim Jim varieties, but I also picked up some Orville Redenbacher and BIGS Sunflower Seeds. While this might not sound like something that a kid would love, you don’t know my own daughter.
Here are some of the tips that I would offer you for creating an Easter Basket that matches the personality of your child.
- Think about what your child likes most. Incorporate these items into the basket.
- Make the basket educational and entertaining
- Are you traveling around Easter if so, consider adding in some travel games or other on-the-go entertainment.
- What type of snacks do your kids love most. As mentioned, mine love Slim Jim snacks and popcorn – add some of their favorites to the mix
- Candy? Sure! Think about what they love most and add them in, but you don’t have to go over the top.
- What hobbies do your kids have? Do they collect anything. Depending on the answers of these questions you can add in some unique items to surprise the kids… for example, my eldest daughter loves Harry Potter and I could throw in a figurine or some other Harry Potter themed item and she would love it.
I mentioned the basket that I was creating and by now you might be wondering what it looks like. Below you will find the end result! Pretty awesome, right?
If you want some additional inspiration, try putting together a virtual Easter basket thanks to Slim Jim and you can even enter a sweepstakes that they are having!
Whether you have had a Slim Jim recently or not, you will be happy to know that they have a HUGE variety to choose from. My kids love them and I would highly recommend you to pick up a stick or more the next time you are at Walmart.
Want to know more about some of the new Slim Jim products that are available, check out some info on some of the varieties below:
Slim Jim Original Smoked Snack Sticks, 26-count box, $4.98?
One of the things I love about Slim Jim snack sticks is that they are made with beef, pork, and chicken. Because these came with 26 sticks I could easily throw one into a lunchbox or the kids could grab one for a quick snack. The flavor is bold and smoky and tastes great! Even better, these small snack sticks have 7 grams of protein per serving!
Slim Jim Mild Smoked Snack Sticks, 26 ct. $4.98?
If the original flavor is a bit too bold for you you can also pick up a 26 pack of Slim Jim Mild Smoked Snack Sticks. The flavor is milder but still tastes amazing!
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org