About the Book
Looking for hearty, healthy meals in a hurry? Chicken is easy to cook, incredibly versatile, and a wonderful choice for health-conscious home chefs. Grilled, sautéed, roasted or poached, chicken dishes range from All-American comfort foods like pecan-crusted, honey-glazed chicken to the savory flavors of North Africa and Moroccan spiced chicken.
To keep up with the popular appetite for all things poultry, the American Diabetes Association has teamed up with best-selling author Linda Gassenheimer to cook up QUICK AND EASY CHICKEN [April 2015, $9.95 US / $12.50 CAN], an affordable, easy-to-follow collection of chicken recipes designed for people with diabetes or prediabetes. With dozens upon dozens of recipes based on flavors and traditions from around the world, this handy little volume is stuffed with quick, easy, flavorful recipes everyone will love. Inside you’ll find recipes for every taste, including:
- Oven-Fried Chicken with Creamed Corn and Lima Beans
- Brazilian-Style Chicken and Quinoa
- Italian Meat Loaf with Hot Pepper Lentils
- Mu Shu Chicken Wrap with Chinese Egg Noodles
- Chicken Pita Pocket with Greek Salad
- Gorgonzola Chicken Scaloppini with Fresh Linguine and Sweet Pimentos
- Sangria-Braised Pulled Chicken Sliders with Quick Slaw
- Fresh Herbed Chicken with Red Potatoes and Green Beans
All of the recipes are complete meals based on ingredients you can easily find in any local supermarket. There’s even a “Shop Smart” section to help you choose the right ingredients to ensure a healthier meal. Whether you are pulling together a quick dinner for the family or planning to impress your friends with your new, healthier chicken lifestyle, QUICK AND EASY CHICKEN will help you make a diabetes-friendly meal that is both quick AND delicious!
My Take on the Book