Intuitive and interactive tablets have a lot to offer in the way of educating children. With the launch of Samsung Kids – a new service that offers parents and their children a library of top quality educational content – Samsung is sharing tips for kids’ tablet use. After using the tablet for a bit of time I came to a few things that I think would help you if you chose to grab one of these for yourself:
- Don’t forget to set parental controls. If you opt for a tablet for your child, take some precautions to protect them when they’re using the device. Many tablets feature parental controls that enable you to block access to the Internet with a password or limit how much time your child can spend on the tablet and specific apps.
- Plan shared time with your child and their tablet. Children get the most from technologies like tablets when parents are involved with them. Spending time with your child and the tablet, including reading and playing games, is important for teaching safe tablet use. After downloading a new app, consider trying the app with your child, asking questions and explaining the options as he/she plays.
- Limit screen time and take a break every 20 minutes. Time with a tablet shouldn’t become any child’s full-time pursuit or take away from time spent reading storybooks or enjoying physical activity. For the sake of your child’s eyes alone, it’s important to take sufficient breaks away from the screen. To ensure your child doesn’t strain her eyes, try using the 20-20-20 rule. Every 20 minutes, have your child take at least 20 seconds to look at an object 20 feet away.
Samsung Kids is currently available for $4.99 per month, exclusively on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite tablet for $119.99. However, with a tablet purchase, you’ll receive 3 months free of the Samsung Kids service!
Features on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite tablet
- Watch imagination come to life with Samsung Kids. With engaging educational apps for every age, Samsung Kids inspires a love for learning.
- Bring your kids the educational content you trust from Dreamworks Animation, Sesame Street, National Geographic and more. Apps that automatically adapt and grow with your kids so they’ll stay engaged at every age.
- It’s all on the durable Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite, featuring parental controls.
- Converts to standard Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite when the time is right to graduate from Samsung Kids Mode.
- 7″ touch screen, Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS, 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 8 GB Flash Memory, 1 GB RAM Memory
- Watch imagination come to life with this device, Inspires a love for learning
- 7-Inch Touch Screen, Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS, 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 8 GB Flash Memory, 1 GB RAM Memory
- Explore and interact with content that aligns with STEM and Common Core
- Engaging apps with content you can trust, Complimentary three-month trial subscription to Samsung Kids
- The content you trust from Dreamworks Animation, Sesame Street and more
Our take on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite tablet
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at [email protected]