About the Product
In 2009 the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) significantly increased the recommended daily fiber intake standards, far above the previous “age plus five” rule. In fact, today’s updated guidelines recommend 25 grams of fiber per day for four-year-old children. But how do we meet these requirements and get our children to eat high in fiber foods? … especially with the holidays around the corner and busy schedules kicking into gear.
Now there’s a delicious daily fiber supplement to help kids ages 2-11 maintain better digestive health and stay regular.* The penguin-shaped, great tasting Pedia-Lax Fiber Gummies are sugar-free, calorie-free, gluten-free and made with natural fruit flavors. With a recommended serving of three gummies every day, (equal to ½ cup of broccoli!), Fiber Gummies are a great way to supplement the fiber found in fruits, vegetables and other fiberich foods in your child’s daily diet. It’s a great solution to help bridge the gap between the American Academy of Pediatrics recommended amount of fiber and the fiber that kids actually consume in their daily diet. Don’t forget to tell your readers that Fiber Gummies are dentist approved J.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
My Take on the Product
I am always looking for ways to get more fiber in my and my kids’ diet. With the fact that most doctors will tell you to get about 25 grams of fiber a day, you have to eat quite a bit to get what you “need” for your body and for a health digestive system. Thus, this product sounded like a good one to me.
Also, I have been reading books like the Sneaky Chef to try and find ways to incorporate more health foods into my kids’ meals. Though I am trying these things I still know that at times they will not get everything they need on a daily basis. Thus, having a supplement that assists my child to get the needed fiber is something that I am willing to try and use.
The product itself states that by taking three gummies a day, a child is getting what is equal to 1/2 cup of broccoli per day. In each gummy alone a child is getting 2 grams of fiber, thus with chewing three per day they are on their way to the 25 grams recommended.
The gummies themselves are sugar free, but in tasting one myself (yes I did taste one), they still tasted good, and my daughter (Diva-J) liked them as well which is a good sign!
So if you are looking for a way to get your child to eat more fiber without giving them broccoli to eat, this is definitely one way to move in the right direction.
- Blog about my Giveaway by linking back to this post (1 entries per blog post. Please leave each entry in separate comments with your URL link in order for it to count)
- Grab my badge to your sidebar
Make sure you comment separately for each task after the required entry task so you will get credit for each one ~ and leave your e-mail where you can be contacted.
- Subscribe to this blog either by RSS or email for one entry (top right hand corner, if you already do leave in a separate comment)
- Stumble this post. (leave username in comment per day)
- Follow me on Twitter (@dadofdivas) (leave username in comment)
- Share this giveaway on Twitter, Facebook or any forum, including the name of the prize and a link to this post. Here I’ll make it easier on you, copy and paste this:” @dadofdivas is giving away Fiber Gummies – http://dadofdivas.blogspot.com/” (Then leave the link to your post. One entry per place per day)
- Bookmark this post in Delicious, Digg, StumbleUpon, or whatever social bookmarking site is your favorite. (Leave comment with the info. One entry per site per day)
- Add me to your Technorati Favs list (one entry, leave username in comment)
This contest will run until January 6, 2010 at approximately 11:59 pm Eastern.
Winners are chosen at random, if you want all your chances counted, make sure you leave individual comments, not all of them in one!
Winner has 48 hours to contact me or another name will be chosen.
Must Be a US Resident to Win
Rules for each entry must be followed to be valid.
New to the Divadom?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at [email protected]