Picture it, you are away on vacation, you have a neighbor watching your home, and they lose your key. How the heck are you supposed to help? What if you have pets that must be fed? Do you pay them to have a locksmith come out? Talk about expensive! Now there is a better way!
Recently I learned about the Chamberlain MyQ Garage device. This is a new device that you install in your garage and connect to your garage door. By connecting these, you are able to control your garage door remotely through an App that you can download on your phone.
The was easy to set up and though it does take a bit of time to set this up in your garage, when you do get it set up, it takes only a few minutes to get things set up once complete.
One of the hardest things to do for me is finding a stud in the ceiling of your garage that will allow you to hook the receiver to the ceiling of your garage. I did find one and once I did, I was able to easily connect the receiver to the ceiling. The second piece that you must connect is the MyQ receiver that you connect to the door itself. You have two ways to do this. You can either connect this with adhesive strips, or you can screw this onto the door itself.
I have tried to control the garage with my new MyQ device when both near and far and so far I have had no problem using it whether 10 or 50 miles away, so it is working perfectly!
Thus, in the end, if you are interested in taking control of your garage door and make your house more accessible when you need it to be, look no further than using this new Chamberlain MyQ device!
Features of the Chamberlain MyQ Device
Creating the Smartest Garage on the Block
- The new with Smartphone Control lets you monitor, open and close your garage door from anywhere in the world with a smartphone.
- Alerts to your smartphone when the door opens or closes tell you when your kids make it home safely from school or when anyone is coming and going from home.
- The new product turns your smartphone into a house key so you can go for a jog without taking your key, or let your neighbors or kids inside when you’re miles away.
- The MyQ opener will work with Apple HomeKit, by Samsung, and the Wink App, so you can connect your garage door to other home devices.
- The product will be available in two models this May at Home Depot, with expected retail prices of $250 to $270.
- Chamberlain also offers , a simple, $129 add-on to existing garage door openers, offering the same benefits if a new opener isn’t needed.
Winner must be a resident of the U.S.
Winners are chosen at random, if you want all your chances counted, make sure you leave individual comments, not all of them in one!
Winner has 48 hours to contact me or another name will be chosen.
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at email@example.com