Bring the haunt home and add Disney’s Haunted Mansion to your movie collection. The film arrives at all major digital retailers including Prime Video, Apple TV, and Vudu/Fandango on October 4 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on October 17. Fans can add the film to their collection and access exclusive never-before-seen bonus features including deleted scenes, extended gag reel and exclusive featurettes.
Disney+ viewers can also watch the film from October 4 when it debuts on the streaming service.
Inspired by the classic theme park attraction, Haunted Mansion tells the story of Gabbie (Rosario Dawson), a single mom, who discovers that the home she and her son share is haunted by irksome ghosts. Hoping to restore domestic tranquility, Gabbie recruits a motley crew of so-called spiritual experts to help rid the house of the supernatural squatters. A non-stop blend of action, adventure and comedy featuring an all-star cast that includes LaKeith Stanfield, Tiffany Haddish, Owen Wilson, Danny DeVito, Dan Levy, Jamie Lee Curtis and Jared Leto, Haunted Mansion was written by Katie Dippold and directed by Justin Simien. The film’s producers are Dan Lin and Jonathan Eirich, with Nick Reynolds and Tom Peitzman serving as executive producers.
- Making Haunted Mansion (13:05) Hear from cast, crew and filmmakers about creating this grim grinning adventure based on the world-famous ride. See how the ghosts were “brought to life,” what role new technology played, and how the wildly popular attraction inspired the film’s design.
- 999 Happy Haunts (7:05) There are 999 Happy Haunts inside the Disney Parks’ attraction…but always room for one more! See all the Easter eggs (well, maybe not all of them) where characters big, small, alive, departed, human and otherwise appear in both the movie and the ride.
Take a look at some moments that passed on before the final version of The Haunted Mansion was finished.
- Carol (0:45)
- 1 Star (0:44)
- Harriet’s House Of Intuition (3:11)
- They Say The Place Is Haunted (1:16)
- Between Realms (1:42)
- Crump Manor (1:07)
- Emergency Baptism (1:01)
- A Good Head For Business (0:32)
- Who knew making a scary movie could be so funny!
My Take on the Movie
My family loved this movie! Our family has always been a BIG fan of the Haunted Mansion ride so we are always excited for a new movie too. I will be honest and say that we did not really like the original movie that came out a number of years back, but I can report that this new movie was exactly what we had hoped! The movie has a great mix of humor and darkness. The darkness that is in the movie is “light” and not too scary, though a young child might get a little scared in some areas. I felt that the actors in the film did a great job making the movie fun. It was a great cast and the mix of known and new actors was also a ton of fun! All-in-all, I highly recommend this to all!