Our 388th Dad in the Limelight is Vaughn McKoy . I want to thank Vaughn for being a part of the Dads in the Limelight series. It has been great getting connected with him and now sharing him with all of you.
1) Tell me about yourself, (as well as how you are in the limelight for my readers knowledge).
My name is Vaughn L. McKoy and I am author, attorney, businessman and father who recently published a memoir, Playing Up: One Man’s Rise From Public Housing To Public Service Through Mentorship, that reveals insights of how ‘playing up’ in sports and in life helped me to earn multiple degrees, prestigious awards, coveted jobs and valuable relationships despite several challenges, including becoming a teen father. Please visit www.vaughnmckoy.com to learn more and purchase the book.
2) Tell me about your family
We have a blended family. My wife and I have two children together, and I have one child from a prior relationship from the teenage years. All of them are girls ages, 27, 20 and 15.
3) What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
4) What advice would you give to other fathers?
5) Seeing that you (or your position) are in the limelight, how have you come to balance parenthood and outside life? If you are currently not in the limelight per se, please still answer this in regards to how you balance parenthood and outside life.
6) What have you learned from the fathers that you have interacted with?
7) What else would you share regarding your experiences as a father thus far?
8) What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a parent?
If you have any questions for Vaughn, please leave a comment here and I will make sure that he gets them so that he may be able to respond!