Our 341st Dad in the Limelight is Garfield Griffiths, contestant on the new TNT Television reality show 72 Hours. I want to thank Garfield for being a part of this series. It has been great getting connected with him and now sharing him with all of you.
1) Tell me about yourself, (as well as how you are in the limelight)
My name is Garfield Griffiths. I am a 45 year old father of 3 amazing kids. I have a software company and also teach Krav Maga (an Israeli military combat system) is also run an event company that puts on large mud/obstacle races.
2) Tell me about your family
I have a beautiful wife Michelle, a 19 year old daughter from a previous marriage “Jasmin” my son Cole is 5 and my baby girl Sydney is 2.
3) What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
Separating work hours from home hours. I run 3 business as sometime get caught up and find myself working crazy hours. Thankfully I catch myself (or my wife does) and I stop and spend time with my family (my favorite time)
4) What advice would you give to other fathers?
Patience, patience, patience.. it’s tough, but keep calm, shouting and getting angry when they are driving you bonkers just teaches them to do the same when they are frustrated.
5) Seeing that you are in the limelight, how have you come to balance parenthood and outside life?
What is an outside life? 😉
6) What have you learned from the fathers that you have interacted with?
We share tips back and forth, lots of small helpful thing, nothing springs to mind.
7) What else would you share regarding your experiences as a father thus far?
It’s the greatest thing in the world, even at times when it’s the worst..lol
8) What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a parent?
Every single moment is memorable to me, not just first steps, first words, I mean everything, a smile, the way Sydney holds a fork, how Cole sneezes.. it’s all amazing to me. Best job in the world.
If you have any questions for Garfield, please leave a comment here and I will make sure that he gets them so that he may be able to respond!