Women frequently report that they could have never gone through labor as confidently without their husband, friend, or other childbirth companion. When certified birth educator Carl Jones asks new mothers what helped most during labor the answer is always “my partner.” His latest guide, The Birth Partner Handbook: Everything You Need to Know for a Healthy, Positive Birth Experience (Sourcebooks; ISBN: 978-1-4022-3779-9; TP $16.99; July 2010) will give you all the tools you need to support a mother.
- Understanding and preparing for every stage of labor
- 8-Step method to help make childbirth less stressful
- Actively helping the mother through labor
- Massage and breathing techniques to manage stress
- Supporting with family and friends
- Ways to give continued support after the baby is born
As a father of two, I would have loved to have read this book ahead of time to assist J-Mom more along the birthing process (though I do think I helped in my own way). I highly recommend you take a look at this book if you are looking for a great hand on resource for step-by-step guidance on how to be that great partner!
If this book sounds like something that you would like for your own collection you can find it on Amazon!