About The Book
Which is the safest seat on an airplane? Where is the best place to have a heart attack? Why does religious observance add years to your life? How can birthdays be hazardous to your health?
Each second of the day, someone in America faces a crisis, whether it’s a car accident, violent crime, serious illness, or financial trouble. Given the inevitability of adversity, we all wonder: Who beats the odds and who surrenders? Why do some people bound back and others give up? How can I become the kind of person who survives and thrives?
The fascinating, hopeful answers to these questions are found in THE SURVIVORS CLUB. In the tradition of Freakonomics and The Tipping Point, this book reveals the hidden side of survival by combining astonishing true stories, gripping scientific research, and the author’s adventures inside the U.S. military’s elite survival schools and the government’s airplane crash evacuation course.
With THE SURVIVORS CLUB, you can also discover your own Survivor IQ through a powerful Internet-based test called the Survivor Profiler. Developed exclusively for this book, the test analyzes your personality and generates a customized report on your top survivor strengths.
There is no escaping life’s inevitable struggles. But THE SURVIVORS CLUB can give you an edge when adversity strikes.
My Take On The Book
I am the type of person that enjoys seeing people who defy the odds. This book is filled with such stories. Some of the stories that the author shares are ones that simply are amazing at least, but really leave you on the edge of your seat, wanting to know what happens to them and what choices that that will choose and make that will make or break their own mortality.
The book provides you with some great advice on what you must do to survive in experiences that many of us may never experience. Yet, even though this may be the case, the ideas and resources provided are ones that are important to understand and if you do take them and know them, there is a good chance that when and if you are ever set in a situation where you must make important choices, hopefully what you have read and learned from this book will stick and you too will make similar choices that will allow you to to be a survivor of the ordeal.
- Subscribe to this blog either by RSS or email for one entry (top right hand corner, if you already do leave in a separate comment)
- Stumble this post. (leave username in comment per day)
- Digg this post (Leave username in comment)
- Follow me on Twitter (@dadofdivas) (leave username in comment)
- Share this giveaway on Twitter, Facebook or any forum, including the name of the prize and a link to this post. Here I’ll make it easier on you, copy and paste this:” @dadofdivas is giving away 5 copies of the Survivors Club – http://dadofdivas.blogspot.com/” (Then leave the link to your post. One entry per place per day)
- Bookmark this post in Delicious, Digg, StumbleUpon, or whatever social bookmarking site is your favorite. (Leave comment with the info. One entry per site per day)
- Add me to your Technorati Favs list (one entry, leave username in comment)
- Become a fan of Dad of Divas on Facebook (Leave username in comment)
Make sure you comment separately for each task after the required entry task so you will get credit for each one ~ and leave your e-mail where you can be contacted.
This contest will run until January 26, 2010 at approximately 11:59 pm Eastern.
Winner must be a resident of the U.S or Canada.
Winners are chosen at random, if you want all your chances counted, make sure you leave individual comments, not all of them in one!
Winner has 48 hours to contact me or another name will be chosen.