Marvel Studios’ Thor: Love and Thunder finds the God of Thunder (Chris Hemsworth) on a journey unlike anything he’s ever faced – one of self-discovery. But his efforts are interrupted by a galactic killer known as Gorr the God Butcher (Christian Bale), who seeks the extinction of the gods. To combat the threat, Thor enlists the help of King Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson), Korg (Taika Waititi) and ex-girlfriend Jane Foster (Natalie Portman), who – to Thor’s surprise – inexplicably wields his magical hammer, Mjolnir, as the Mighty Thor. Together, they embark upon a harrowing cosmic adventure to uncover the mystery of the God Butcher’s vengeance and stop him before it’s too late.
Directed by Taika Waititi (“Thor: Ragnarok,” “Jojo Rabbit”), from a screenplay by Waititi & Jennifer Kaytin Robinson, Thor: Love and Thunder was produced by Kevin Feige and Brad Winderbaum.
- Gag Reel – Take a look at some of the fun outtakes on set with the cast and crew of Thor: Love and Thunder.
- Audio Commentary – Watch the film with audio commentary by director/writer Taika Waititi.
- Hammer-worthy: Thor and The Mighty Thor – Trace Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman’s journeys to becoming Thor and The Mighty Thor, respectively. Watch as the costars speak about the preparation behind embodying their legendary roles and describe how they combine their unstoppable forces.
- Shaping a Villain – This featurette introduces Love and Thunder’s primary antagonist, Gorr the God Butcher. Shining a light on the man who brings the character to life, this piece highlights his recruitment and process. Then fellow cast and crew reveal personal anecdotes.
- Another Classic Taika Adventure – This piece looks back on Taika Waititi’s journey taking over the Thor franchise and reinventing the God of Thunder. Revisit the moment Taika was announced as the new custodian of Thor and follow Taika through the production of Thor: Love and Thunder.
- Looking for Zeus – Thor, Valkyrie and Korg run into a few characters while seeking an audience with Zeus.
- Wasting Time – Star-Lord and Mantis convince Thor to help their cause.
- A Safe Vacation – A nonchalant Thor chats with a panicked Star-Lord and Mantis in the middle of chaos. An explosion thrusts Korg into the scene.
- Fighting For You – Zeus gifts Thor a special tool after overhearing a heartfelt conversation.
*Bonus features vary by product and retailer
Chris Hemsworth as Thor
Natalie Portman as Jane Foster “The Mighty Thor”
Tessa Thompson as King Valkyrie
Christian Bale as Gorr
Taika Waititi as Korg “Old Kronan God” (voice)
Russell Crowe as Zeus
Kevin Feige, p.g.a
Brad Winderbaum, p.g.a.
and Chris Hemsworth
& Jennifer Kaytin Robinson
and Nami Melumad
& Nami Melumad
There was excitement in the air today in Hall H at San Diego Comic-Con when Miss Minutes popped up to introduce Kevin Feige, president of Marvel Studios and chief creative officer of Marvel, who was joined on stage by moderator Ash Crossan to deliver Marvel Studios’ long-awaited live-action panel.
Feige didn’t disappoint the enthusiastic crowd, showcasing the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s upcoming slate with trailers, special looks, Q&As with talent and filmmakers, major announcements and a live, show-stopping performance.
MULTIVERSE SAGA: Two Avengers Films to Culminate the Saga
Fans were the first to learn that Phases 4, 5 and 6 are officially part of the Multiverse Saga, which will conclude with two all-new Avengers films, including “AVENGERS: THE KANG DYNASTY,” releasing May 2, 2025, and “AVENGERS: SECRET WARS,” which is slated for Nov. 7, 2025.
PHASE 4: Trailers and Talent Introduced, Plus Stunning Performance
Fans won’t have to wait long for the next Phase 4 title with “SHE-HULK: ATTORNEY AT LAW” debuting exclusively on Disney+ August 17, 2022. Directors Kat Coiro and Anu Valia, and head writer Jessica Gao, were joined by cast members Tatiana Maslany, Ginger Gonzaga and Jameela Jamil for a lively Q&A about the new series. The audience saw a new trailer, which is also available to download and share now.
In Marvel Studios’ “She-Hulk: Attorney at Law,” Jennifer Walters (Tatiana Maslany)—an attorney specializing in superhuman-oriented legal cases—must navigate the complicated life of a single, 30-something who also happens to be a green 6-foot-7-inch superpowered hulk.
The nine-episode comedy series welcomes a host of MCU vets, including Mark Ruffalo as Smart Hulk, Tim Roth as Emil Blonsky/the Abomination, and Benedict Wong as Wong, as well as Jameela Jamil, Ginger Gonzaga, Josh Segarra, Jon Bass and?Renée Elise Goldsberry.
“BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER” capped the Hall H presentation to thunderous roars and applause, beginning with a live performance by Baaba Maal (vocals), Massamba Diop (tama) and dancers and drummers. Feige was joined on stage by director Ryan Coogler and cast members Mabel Cadena, Michaela Cole, Winston Duke, Danai Gurira, Tenoch Huerta, Florence Kasumba, Alex Livinalli, Lupita Nyong’o, Dominique Thorne and Letitia Wright for a Q&A and first look at the film’s first trailer, which is now available to download and share.
In Marvel Studios’ “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever,” Queen Ramonda (Angela Bassett), Shuri (Letitia Wright), M’Baku (Winston Duke), Okoye (Danai Gurira) and the Dora Milaje (including Florence Kasumba), fight to protect their nation from intervening world powers in the wake of King T’Challa’s death. As the Wakandans strive to embrace their next chapter, the heroes must band together with the help of War Dog Nakia (Lupita Nyong’o) and Everett Ross (Martin Freeman) and forge a new path for the kingdom of Wakanda. Introducing Tenoch Huerta as Namor, king of a hidden undersea nation, the film also stars Dominique Thorne, Michaela Coel, Mabel Cadena and Alex Livanalli.
Feige also shared that the film is the final title in Phase 4. “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” opens in U.S. theaters Nov. 11, 2022.
PHASE 5: Talent Takes the Stage, Plus New Titles and Dates Revealed
Feige revealed that Phase 5 kicks off in 2023 with “ANT-MAN AND THE WASP: QUANTUMANIA,” opening Feb. 17, 2023. Director Peyton Reed and stars Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors and Kathryn Newton engaged in a spirited Q&A with the host. Epic in scale and tone, “Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania” is a sci-fi adventure that is decidedly unique to the franchise. Fans in the room were given a special look at the upcoming film.
Super Hero partners Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) and Hope Van Dyne (Evangeline Lilly) return to continue their adventures as Ant-Man and The Wasp. Together, with Hope’s parents Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) and Janet Van Dyne (Michelle Pfeiffer), the family finds themselves exploring the Quantum Realm, interacting with strange new creatures and embarking on an adventure that will push them beyond the limits of what they thought was possible.
Next up, the thrilling new series “SECRET INVASION” launches on Disney+ in Spring 2023. Cobie Smulders, who reprises her role of Maria Hill—a decorated spy and Nick Fury’s loyal #2—was on hand to talk about the new show. To the audience’s delight, a clip was shown to give a glimpse of what’s in store.
Marvel Studios’ “Secret Invasion” stars Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury and Ben Mendelsohn as the Skrull Talos—characters who first met in “Captain Marvel.” They are joined by Kingsley Ben-Adir, Emilia Clarke, and Olivia Colman.
Editorial Note: Regé-Jean Page was erroneously listed in the previous release and is not a cast member of “Secret Invasion”.
The crossover event series showcases a faction of shapeshifting Skrulls who have been infiltrating Earth for years.
“GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3” heads to theaters on May 5, 2023. There were a lot of Guardians on hand to dish about the highly anticipated third installment of “Guardians of the Galaxy.” With director James Gunn taking the lead, cast members Chris Pratt, Karen Gillan, Pom Klementieff, Sean Gunn, Will Poulter and Maria Bakalova took part in an engaging discussion. Chukwudi Iwuji arrived on stage in costume, revealing to excited fans that he’ll be portraying High Evolutionary in the film. The audience was treated to a special look at the upcoming feature film.
In Marvel Studios “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” our beloved band of misfits are looking a bit different these days. Peter Quill, still reeling from the loss of Gamora, must rally his team around him to defend the universe along with protecting one of their own. A mission that, if not completed successfully, could quite possibly lead to the end of the Guardians as we know them.
New details emerged regarding a host of previously announced titles in Phase 5. Streaming exclusively on Disney+ in 2023 are highly anticipated series currently in production, including “ECHO,” which is slated for Summer 2023; “LOKI SEASON 2,” also debuting Summer 2023; and “IRONHEART,”streaming Fall 2023. “AGATHA: COVEN OF CHAOS” begins filming later this year with a debut date in Winter 2023.
Phase 5 theatrical releases include “THE MARVELS,” directed by Nia DaCosta, which hits theaters July 28, 2023; and “BLADE,” which begins shooting this October and opens in theaters Nov. 3, 2023.
Feige revealed for the first time today a trio of captivating projects debuting in 2024 that garnered a huge response from fans.
- “CAPTAIN AMERICA: NEW WORLD ORDER” opens in theaters on May 3, 2024.
- “DAREDEVIL: BORN AGAIN,” an 18-episode season with Charlie Cox and Vincent D’Onofrio returning, streams on Disney+ in Spring 2024.
- “THUNDERBOLTS,” featuring an exciting new group of heroes, is slated for theaters on July 26, 2024.
PHASE 6: “Fantastic Four” Precedes New Avengers Titles
Looking ahead, Phase 6 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe promises compelling storytelling and Marvel Studios’ signature style of adventure.
- “FANTASTIC FOUR” hits theaters on Nov. 8, 2024. Production kicks off next year for the feature film that introduces Marvel’s most iconic family.
- “AVENGERS: THE KANG DYNASTY” opens in theaters May 2, 2025.
- “AVENGERS: SECRET WARS” is slated for release on Nov. 7, 2025.
Described as a “psychedelic mind-flip masterpiece” (Larry Carroll, Looper) Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness has enthralled audiences and critics around the world. Sam Raimi’s exuberant film is a global phenomenon and “undoubtedly mesmerizing” (Jenna Anderson, ComicBook.com).
Witness the mind-bending alternate realities of the multiverse when Marvel Studios’ Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness debuts on all major digital platforms June 22 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on July 26. Embrace the madness by adding the latest MCU film to your Marvel movie collection. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness will also stream on Disney+.
Journey into the unknown in Marvel Studios’ Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. When the MCU unlocks the Multiverse, Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) must enlist help from old and new allies as he traverses mind-bending and dangerous alternate realities in order to confront a surprising adversary.
- Method to the Madness – Join various crew members and Marvel employees in interviews as they discuss their love of Sam Raimi and all the details of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness that make it quintessentially Raimi.
- Introducing America Chavez – In this short and fun profile piece, we’ll learn about America’s humble beginnings in the comics. We’ll meet Xochitl Gomez and discuss the complications her character’s unique power presents for the future of the MCU.
- Constructing the Multiverse – Writing a feature film for Marvel is no easy task. In this playful yet informative featurette, we’ll dive into the challenges that writer Michael Waldron faced in creating the twisting and turning story of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
- Gag Reel – Take a look at some of the fun outtakes on set with the cast and crew of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
- A Great Team – A journalist questions Doctor Strange’s integrity.
- Pizza Poppa – Bruce is relieved when Doctor Strange’s spell ends.
- It’s Not Permanent – Bruce tries to accuse Doctor Strange of being an imposter.
- View the film with audio commentary by Sam Raimi, Richie Palmer, and Michael Waldron.
*bonus features vary by product and retailer
Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Stephen Strange
Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff / The Scarlet Witch
Chiwetel Ejiofor as Baron Mordo
Benedict Wong as Wong
Xochitl Gomez as America Chavez
Rachel McAdams as Dr. Christine Palmer
Kevin Feige p.g.a
Eric Hauserman Carroll
A new trailer and poster are now available for Marvel Studios’ “Thor: Love and Thunder,” revealing new details about the God of Thunder’s latest adventure—including a trek to Olympus where Zeus (Russell Crowe) reigns supreme. The film finds Thor (Chris Hemsworth) on a journey unlike anything he’s ever faced – a search for self-discovery. But his retirement is interrupted by a galactic killer known as Gorr the God Butcher (Christian Bale), who seeks the extinction of the gods. To combat the threat, Thor enlists the help of King Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson), Korg (Taika Waititi) and ex-girlfriend Jane Foster (Natalie Portman), who – to Thor’s surprise – inexplicably wields his magical hammer, Mjolnir, as the Mighty Thor. Together, they embark upon a harrowing cosmic adventure to uncover the mystery of the God Butcher’s vengeance and stop him before it’s too late. Directed by Taika Waititi (“Thor: Ragnarok,” “Jojo Rabbit”) and produced by Kevin Feige and Brad Winderbaum, “Thor: Love and Thunder” opens in U.S. theaters July 8, 2022.
For the first time in the cinematic history of Spider-Man, our friendly neighborhood hero’s identity is revealed, bringing his Super Hero responsibilities into conflict with his normal life and putting those he cares about most at risk. When he enlists Doctor Strange’s help to restore his secret, the spell tears a hole in their world, releasing the most powerful villains who’ve ever fought a Spider-Man in any universe. Now, Peter will have to overcome his greatest challenge yet, which will not only forever alter his own future but the future of the Multiverse.
4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAY™, AND DIGITAL
- Bloopers & Gag Reel
- Alternate Reality Easter Eggs
- 7 Behind the Scenes Featurettes
- Action Choreography Across the Multiverse
- A Multiverse of Miscreants
- A Spectacular Spider-Journey with Tom Holland
- Enter Strange
- Graduation Day
- Realities Collide, Spiders Unite
- Weaving Jon Watt’s Web
- 2 Special Panels:
- The Sinister Summit – Villains Panel: Willem Dafoe, Alfred Molina, and Jamie Foxx sit down for a roundtable discussion of their sinister characters.
- A Meeting of the Spiders – Heroes Panel: The Heroic Spider heroes sit down for a roundtable discussion on Peter, Stunts, and skintight suits.
- 3 Stories From The Daily Bugle
- Spider-Menace Strikes Again
- Spider Sycophant
- Web of Lies
- 2 Stunt Scenes Previsualization
- Apartment Fight
- Shield Fight
- 2 Behind the Scenes Featurettes
- A Spectacular Spider-Journey with Tom Holland
- Graduation Day
My Take on the film
This is an amazing film and one that kept me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end. I was intrigued by the bringing together of the multiverses and loved seeing all of the characters coming together in one place for an ultimate showdown. The writing was strong, acting superb and to be hones by the end I was hoping to see more of these actors together as the future continues. While Peter has to make some difficult choices, I still want the best for this friendly neighborhood hero and I am hoping for the best as future movies continue. Also, this movie opens the door to the future of the multiverse with Doctor Strange and beyond and I cannot wait to see what is next. In my opinion, I thought this movie was one of the best Spider-Man movies thus far!
Check out Spider-Man No Way Home for yourself
As a parent, one of the biggest challenges you face is entertaining the kids while they are at home. From giving them books to read, a craft table to play with, or bringing them to the park for football – there are many choices you can make but many of them involve active involvement.
If you are looking for a way to keep the kids entertained while you do other things around the house this week – TV is a great idea. There are various types of gadgets your kids can enjoy throughout the day but TV is always a great way to keep them calm and out of trouble while you do things around the house.
Today we want to talk specifically about Marvel Movies and the MCU. If your child has never seen a Marvel movie before – we have some great choices to start them off with that will introduce them to key characters, teach them important moral lessons, and provide them with entertainment.
The first film you should get your children to watch this spring is Avengers Assemble which came out in 2012. This is the first team-up for the titular team and will allow your children to get to know some of the best superheroes around in a fun story that has many layers. This movie features Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye, and Black Widow and is a brilliant action and adventure film all around.
Iron Man is a film that came out in 2008 and is the birth of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Iron Man, or Tony Stark, is a selfish billionaire who learns throughout the film how to become a hero and put others first. There is some amazing action in this film as well as humor making it a perfect choice for the kids at the weekend.
Captain America: Civil War
Steve Rogers is perhaps the most stereotypical hero in the whole MCU. His courage and good heart make him the perfect role model for your kids. This third installment in his trilogy features the biggest cast of superheroes before Infinity War and it also introduces the world to Spider-Man and Black Panther for the first time. You child will love the epic airport battle as well as seeing all of their favorite heroes interacting together for the first time.
Ant-Man might have a silly name but this film is not only funny but also an example of a brilliant heist movie. Your kids will love the playful way that Paul Rudd portrays Scott Lang and you’ll be able to see some hilarious action sequences including a giant Thomas the Tank Engine toy. It is a great movie to watch for a laugh as well as a relatable superhero that shows anyone is capable of greatness if they just work for it and believe.
The Marvel Cinematic Universe is known for its epic films as well as the intricate plot that weaves through every film. But as well as this, each hero has a story, and lessons are learned throughout that your children can also learn positively from.
About the Movie
Marvel Studios’ “Avengers: Endgame,” the climactic conclusion to an unprecedented, 11-year cinematic journey in which the Avengers take one final stand against Thanos, delivered the biggest opening weekend in history and is currently one of the highest-grossing films of all time. On July 30, Avengers fans around the world are invited to assemble once more for the in-home release of “Avengers: Endgame” on Digital in HD, 4K Ultra HD™ and Movies Anywhere, followed by a physical release on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™, DVD and On-Demand beginning Aug. 13.
Fans who bring home “Avengers: Endgame” will gain hours of additional screen time with their favorite cast members and filmmakers who have shaped the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). Bonus features include a tribute to the great Stan Lee; the tale of Robert Downey Jr.’s casting as Iron Man; the evolution of Captain America; Black Widow’s dramatic story arc; directors Anthony and Joe Russo’s experience at the helm of both “Avengers: Infinity War” and “Avengers: Endgame”; the making of an epic battle scene with the women of the MCU; the creation of Bro Thor; deleted scenes; a gag reel and more.
The must-own, final chapter of the 22-film MCU series, “Avengers: Endgame,” will be packaged several ways to ensure fans get the most out of their in-home entertainment experience. Viewers can bring home the film two weeks early on Digital 4K Ultra HD, HD and SD and gain access to an exclusive extra highlighting the love story of Steve Rogers (Captain America) and Peggy Carter. A physical copy of “Avengers: Endgame” is available as a 4K Cinematic Universe Edition (4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and Digital Code), a Multi-Screen Edition (Blu-ray and Digital Code) and a single DVD. Fans who wish to revisit all four films in the Avengers franchise may opt for a Digital bundle, which includes “Marvel’s The Avengers,” “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” “Avengers: Infinity War” and “Avengers: Endgame.”
BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
- Steve and Peggy: One Last Dance – Explore Captain America and Peggy Carter’s bond, forged in moments from previous films that lead to a momentous choice in “Avengers: Endgame.”
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Remembering Stan Lee – Filmmakers and cast honor the great Stan Lee in a fond look back at his MCU movie cameos.
- Setting The Tone: Casting Robert Downey Jr. – Hear the tale of how Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark in the original “Iron Man” — and launched the MCU.
- A Man Out of Time: Creating Captain America – Trace the evolution of Captain America with those who helped shape the look, feel and character of this compelling hero.
- Black Widow: Whatever It Takes – Follow Black Widow’s journey both within and outside the Avengers, including the challenges she faced and overcame along the way.
- The Russo Brothers: Journey to Endgame – See how Anthony and Joe Russo met the challenge of helming two of the biggest films in cinematic history … back-to-back!
- The Women of the MCU – MCU women share what it was like to join forces for the first time in an epic battle scene — and be part of such a historic ensemble.
- Bro Thor – His appearance has changed but his heroism remains! Go behind the scenes to see how Bro Thor was created.
- Six Deleted Scenes – “Goji Berries,” “Bombs on Board,” “Suckiest Army in the Galaxy,” “You Used to Frickin’ Live Here,” “Tony and Howard” and “Avengers Take a Knee.”
- Gag Reel – Laugh along with the cast in this epic collection of flubs, goofs and gaffes from set.
- Visionary Intro – Intro by directors Joe and Anthony Russo.
- Audio Commentary – Audio commentary by directors Anthony and Joe Russo, and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
My Take on the Movie
As someone that saw all of the Marvel Universe movies leading up to this one, I was very excited about seeing this movie and seeing how they pulled everything together in the end. Not that this is the last Marvel Universe movie, but it is the end of an era in many cases and the start of something new as well. I felt that the movie did a great job at bringing together the many stories into one cohesive story that tied up most of the loose ends in the end. The movie was action packed and had its’ share of drama throughout. While there was plenty of CG, there also was great acting throughout as well. I have to say that I loved the action scenes and even though it is a long movie, you will be sitting on the edge of your seat throughout and the time flies by before you know it. This movie really does pull together all of the characters that have made the Avengers franchise shine. You will love seeing them both together and alone. You will love the action sequences and seeing the war happen is totally remarkable. I will not give out spoilers if you have not seen it, but it is worth the time and the build up and Marvel tied this series up well in my opinion!
My Take on the Movie
As a father of girls I was very excited to be able to introduce my daughters to Captain Marvel. As a comic book fan Captain Marvel has always been a favorite of mine because of the powers that she had but also because of the heart that she brought to the page and to her role as a superhero. I don’t know if my daughter is as excited as I was to see the movie but in leaving the movie I can tell you that they loved every minute of the movie experience.
If you have not seen this movie yet I highly recommend that you do. It gives some back story that will help you to better understand Avengers Endgame as well. Also, as a person that grew up in the 1980’s I loved all of the references and fine detail that was put into the movie to allow the 1980’s to shine. There truly was a huge amount of detail, down to the movies that were on the shelves at Blockbuster.
Beyond this, the movie also has a great story behind it. I knew a lot of the backstory Captain Marvel, but this allows you to experience it in a whole new way. You also will not be lost if you have never read or if you don’t know anything about this character. The nice thing about the movie is it could easily stand alone from other superhero films , in my opinion.
There also is a sense of girl power that is in this movie that was refreshing. In other superhero movies there have been some female Heroes that have taken in center stage but this movie truly is the first that has allowed a single character that is female to stand out. Well, there may be other movies in the future that will do something similar, this movie is one that paved the way for others to follow.
All-in-all this was a movie that I loved and I would highly recommend this to any superhero fan.
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
A new trailer and poster for Marvel Studios’ AVENGERS: ENDGAME is here!
Marvel Studios’ AVENGERS: ENDGAME is in U.S. theaters on April 26, 2019.
The grave course of events set in motion by Thanos that wiped out half the universe and fractured the Avengers ranks compels the remaining Avengers to take one final stand in Marvel Studios’ grand conclusion to twenty-two films, “Avengers: Endgame.”
Kevin Feige produces “Avengers: Endgame,” and Anthony and Joe Russo are the directors. Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Michael Grillo, Trinh Tran, Jon Favreau and Stan Lee are the executive producers, and Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely wrote the screenplay.
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/marvelstudios
Follow us on Twitter: @marvelstudios