I have been thinking a lot about what the name of this blog means. The history behind the name is as such: When I started the blog, I started it initially as random thoughts I would share with whoever would listen, as well as family and friends.
As I started to read more from other Dad Bloggers I saw the wealth of rich knowledge and experience that was being shared with others and I wanted to be more of a part of it.
When this realization hit, I was talking to J-Mom and told her that I wanted to have a creative name to talk not only about myself, but also one that was relevant to my family life. Knowing our girls quite well as she does, she came up with the name Dad of Divas (Thanks Sweety)!
At first a Diva was just that, but recently, as I have been thinking of the blog redesign that Summer worked on for me, I started to think in terms of acronyms.
I wanted to think about what DIVAS could stand for for the new design and I ended up coming up with (With the help of J-Mom and other close family members) –
- DIVAS = Drama, Imagination, Vibrancy, Attitude and Silliness
This truly encompasses my life on a daily basis, as probably many dads could also attest.
SO as I continue to blog I will use this as a way for me to filter my thoughts somewhat at least and this will also give you an idea of where I came from and what DIVAS really stands for (outside of the literal meaning that is)!
New to the Divadom?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to seeing you back here again!
13 things that come to mind about why my house is truly fir for divas!
1) I have 2 girls who are either true Divas or Divas in training
2) Dresses….dressing up, etc
3) BLING! (Necklaces, rings, galore)
4) Can someone say play vanity (No makeup allowed on these girls at least not yet thankfully)
5) Princesses, Princesses, and more Princesses (We should own stock in Disney) – check out a great post over at Building Camelot on this!
6) I can imagine what life is going to be like when the girls are teenagers (you know a while back I got something regarding an application to date my daughter…I’m saving it for later in life!)
7) Dancing, Dancing, and more Dancing
8) Immediate gratification… “I want…” or from Diva-PJ – WAAAAA (I want _____ now!)
9) Demanding attention at all times!
10) Money for nothing! (Can you buy me that???)
11) Fake Cell Phones (actually inoperable cell phones that J-Mom and I had)
12) Enough decorations/stuffed animals to rivals most.
13 Stuborn, stuborn, stuborn
So how is your home like a Diva-dome???