About the movie
In Upside-Down Magic, when 13-year-old Nory discovers she can flux into animals and best pal Reina can manipulate flames, they enter the Sage Academy for Magical Studies. But Nory’s wonky magic and tendency for turning into a “Dritten” – a half-kitten, half-dragon – lands her in a class for those with unconventional powers, and she and her classmates must prove that their upside–down magic beats right-side up!
- Izabela Rose as Nory Boxwood Horace;
- Siena Agudong as Reina Carvajal;
- Kyle Howard as Budd Skriff;
- Max Torina as Andres Padillo;
- Elie Samouhi as Elliot Cohen;
- Alison Fernandez as Pepper Paloma;
- Vicki Lewis as Headmaster Knightslinger;
- Yasmeen Fletcher as Chandra;
- Callum Seagram Airlie as Phillip;
- Cynthia McWilliams as Professor Argon;
- Elaine Hao as Professor Han;
- Amitai Marmorstein as Professor Lewis
My Take on the Movie
As someone that has read the book, I will say that the storyline and characters of this movie mostly don’t follow the book. There are a number of extras and the storyline is a bit different, with new characters that were not in the book itself. That being said though the movie was still a fun movie for the whole family to watch together.
The movie had a very diverse cast which was great to see. Whether you have read the book or not, I would still recommend the movie as a family friendly movie. If you have read the book, go into watching the movie with a clean slate. Enjoy the movie, the characters and the plot and you will find that it was a fun way to spend some quality family time.