This is the next of the Tuesday Talking posts, and today we are talking about being literate. Let’s talk about it!
Unbeknownst to me, I just found out that my blog has been nominated for the Parents.com Best Daddy Blog Award. I was both honored and a bit shocked, as I do not look for awards, nor do I solicit them, but It is always nice to know that people enjoy what I am sharing with them along the way.
I do not know whether I have any chance in winning this, but if you would like to vote for my blog you can here:
There are also a number of other great blogs that are nominated in my category as well as many other categories that you might want to support as well!
As always, I have to say thanks to all of you for being a part of this community and for reading, as this is why I keep coming back day-in and day-out!
I have been entered into the Ever Man Jack’s contest and am looking for votes here: http://everymanjack.com/wanted/node/924/lightbox2
The contest is run in three phases, right now until August 19 you have the opportunity to vote, once every six hours and you also get the opportunity to vote on different browsers every six hours.
About the Contest
“Every Man Jack embodies the guy who takes pride in his appearance, but doesn’t want to spend a lot of time or money on his grooming routine,” said Ritch Viola, founder and CEO of Every Man Jack. “The campaign reflects this mentality, and we hope that this fun, interactive contest engages more guys to take a few small steps towards feeling and looking their best.”
Once the semi-finalists are chosen by the public,Every Man Jack’s roster of guest judges, which will include 2010’s WANTED winner and several national grooming, lifestyle and fashion editors, will vote for their favorite four guys. The four finalists will each receive a trip for two to Vegas where they will party and attend a photo shoot where their images could end up in the upcoming Every Man Jack ad campaign. The complete list of prizes awarded will include:
Grand Prize Winner
- Featured in an Every Man Jack ad
- Plus, all prizes listed below for runners-up
- Free Every Man Jack products for one year
- Trip for two to Las Vegas that includes:
- Two nights at Planet Hollywood
- Entry to the Planet Hollywood spa and health club
- Dinner for two at a restaurant in Caesar’s Palace
- Roundtrip transportation to and from Planet Hollywood
- Free Every Man Jack products for one year
- One free Every Man Jack product at Target
I love being a Dad, and in being such I was honored to have been asked to compete in McCormick & Schmick’s “Deserving Dads” Facebook contest. McCormick & Schmick’s is a great restaurant that allows you to truly be pampered while getting a great meal and in this contest they are providing one deserving dad the opportunity to receive 12 free dinner for two’s (talk about nice evenings out)!
So until June 19, you can come and vote for me daily (Please do). You can come and vote for me directly by clicking here – https://apps.facebook.com/promotionshq/contests/126839/voteable_entries/23258807
McCormick and Schmick’s are also celebrating Dads in another way as well:.
Father’s Day at McCormick & Schmick’s & the Ultimate Golf Experience of a Lifetime
McCormick & Schmick’s will be thanking all of the deserving dads out there this year with a special Father’s Day weekend menu including a decadent Chef’s Mixed Grill, featuring a mouthwatering combination of Filet Medallion, Grilled Salmon, Signature Crab Cake and a Chocolate Crème Brulee for dessert.
In addition to great dinner options, McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurants are also celebrating dad this year by giving away the Ultimate Golf Experience of a Lifetime! From now through Father’s Day, June 19, all deserving dads dining at McCormick & Schmick’s can enter for a chance to win a three-day trip for two to one of GOLF Magazine’s Top 100 Courses You Can Play. The grand prize winner plus a guest will enjoy a weekend getaway including airfare, hotel accommodations and a day of golfing at one of the following courses:
- Pebble Beach Golf Links (Pebble Beach, CA) – Ranked #2 by GOLF Magazine, Host of the PGA Championship and U.S. Open
- Whistling Straits (Kohler, WI) – Ranked #3 by GOLF Magazine, Host of the PGA Championship and U.S. Senior Open
- Bandon Dunes (Bandon, OR) – Ranked #5 by GOLF Magazine, Host of the Curtis Cup and U.S. Amateur Public Links
- Pinehurst (Pinehurst, NC) – Ranked #7 by GOLF Magazine, Host of the 1st PGA Championship in 1936, the U.S. Open and the U.S. Amateur