Xperio UV™ lenses are a complete outdoor lens solution that eliminates blinding reflective glare while protecting our eyes from the sun. Xperio UV Eye?Sun Protection Factor™ (E?SPF™) of 50+ shields your eyes from dangerous UV radiation up to 50 times more, when compared to wearing no lenses at all. Xperio UV™ lenses also give you the sharpest vision and clarity to see vibrant colors, and provide maximum scratch resistance and cleanability.
Benefits of Xperio UV™
- Maximum UV Eye Protection
- Glare Elimination x Scratch Resistant
- Sharpest Vision x Easiest to Clean
Each year, 3 million people go blind from prolonged UV exposure.
Dangers of UV Rays
- Eye discomfort,
- blurred images and inflammation
- Cataracts and premature Age?Related Macular Degeneration (AMD)
- Premature wrinkles and sunspots
- Skin cancer on the eyelids, which accounts for 5?10% of all skin cancers
- Eye sunburn, or photokeratitis, which symptoms include a gritty or burning feeling in the eyes, dry and red eyes, excessive tearing, intense sensitivity to light and eye pain
UV radiation increases by 4% for every 1,000 feet of elevation so it is important to wear polarized Xperio UV™ sunglasses or snow goggles. Unprotected exposure to the reflective, high elevation snow fields can lead to direct corneal epithelial injury. For example, fresh sand only reflects 15% of the UV radiation, whereas the snow reflection is at 80%.
Xperio UV™ lenses are available in any frames. Speak to your eyecare professional to learn more. If you don’t have one, you can find one here.
My Take on the Xperio Lenses
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at [email protected]