Bring family and friends together with The Beatles’ music inspired film Yesterday, on Digital September 10, 2019 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™, DVD and On Demand September 24, 2019. Jack’s life is changed forever when he discovers he is the only person on earth who remembers the music of The Beatles and must decide if he truly wants the spotlight, or if all he needs is love, after all. Filled with heart and humor from beginning to end, Yesterday on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital comes packed with exciting bonus features including deleted and extended scenes, live performances at the iconic Abbey Road Studios, an alternate opening and ending and several featurettes with the filmmakers and cast that take fans further into the charming story. Hailed as “Funny, original, and touching” (Patrick Stoner, “Flicks” WHYY-TV (PBS)), Yesterday is a rock-n-roll comedy about music, dreams, friendship, and the long and winding road that leads to the love of your life. Stay in, “re-experience the Beatles’ songs as if they’re brand-new” (Mara Reinstein, Billboard) and celebrate the 50th Anniversary of The Beatles’ Abbey Road this year with the perfect at-home movie night when you own Yesterday on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital.
Jack Malik was just another struggling songwriter…but that was yesterday. After a mysterious blackout, Jack (Himesh Patel; BBC’s “EastEnders”) discovers he is the only person on earth who remembers The Beatles! As he rockets to fame by passing off the Fab Four’s songs as his own, Jack risks losing Ellie (Lily James; Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Cinderella) – the one person who has loved him and believed in him from the start. Kate McKinnon and Ed Sheeran also star in this romantic rock ‘n’ roll comedy from Academy Award®-winning director Danny Boyle (Slumdog Millionaire, Trainspotting, 28 Days Later) and Academy Award®-nominated screenwriter Richard Curtis (Four Weddings and a Funeral, Love Actually).
The soundtrack to YESTERDAY is available on digital/streaming services as well as CD from Capitol Records/Polydor Records. The album will be available on vinyl this Friday, August 16.
*DVD format includes over 35 minutes of bonus content
BONUS FEATURES ON 4K ULTrA HD, BLU-RAY™, DVD & DIGITAL
- Alternate Opening*
- Alternate Ending
- Deleted Scenes
- Corden & Roxanne – Includes deleted performance by Himesh Patel of “Something”
- Late for School
- Nutters Italian Ice Cream
- Moscow Audience
- A Gonk
- W Hotel
- Jack Calls Ellie
- Hilary in the Mirror
- Nick and Carol
- Hazel’s Selfie
- Gag Reel*
- Live at Abbey Road Studios – Watch Himesh Patel perform “Yesterday”, “I Want To Hold Your Hand”, and “Let it Be” at Abbey Road Studios.
- “I Want To Hold Your Hand”
- “Let it Be”
- Ed Sheeran: From Stadium to Screen* – Acting in his first major role, Ed Sheeran reflects on his experiences making the movie.
- Agent of Comedy: Kate McKinnon* – Kate McKinnon shares how eager she was to play the role of “Debra Hammer” while the cast and crew reflect on the fun and energy that the queen of improvisational comedy brought to the set.
- A Talented Duo* – Richard Curtis and Danny Boyle, two of the most successful British filmmakers, team up for the first time.
- Playing for Real* – The re-interpreting of the Beatles songs was a huge undertaking for newcomer Himesh Patel. Learn how he spent months learning to play the songs perfectly as the production decided to take the more challenging route of recording the musical numbers live on set.
- Soul Mates* – Beyond the music and the laughs, the film is, of course, a love story. This piece looks at the relationship between Jack & Ellie and the actors playing them.
- A Conversation with Richard & Ed* – Long-term friends Richard Curtis and Ed Sheeran have a funny and informal chat about the making of YESTERDAY.
- Feature Commentary with Director Danny Boyle and Writer/Producer Richard Curtis
Yesterday will be available on 4K Ultra HD in a combo pack (4K Ultra HD+ Blu-ray™ + Digital). Bonus features on the 4K Ultra HD will all be delivered in stunning 4K resolution.
- 4K Ultra HD is the ultimate movie watching experience. 4K Ultra HD features the combination of 4K resolution for 4X sharper picture than HD, the color brilliance of High Dynamic Range (HDR) with immersive audio.
- Yesterday 4K Ultra HD is available with HDR10+™, providing premium HDR picture quality. HDR10+ transforms your movie watching experience with incredible brightness and contrast for each scene, delivering brighter brights and deepest darks.
- Blu-ray™ delivers a pristine HD picture and theater-quality surround sound.
- Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
- MOVIES ANYWHERE is the digital app that simplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Consumers can also redeem digital copy codes found in eligible Blu-ray™ and DVD disc packages from participating studios and stream or download them through Movies Anywhere. MOVIES ANYWHERE is only available in the United States. For more information, visit https://moviesanywhere.
* Exclusive to 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™ & Digital
Yesterday – Romantic Comedy Bonus Feature Clip
In this clip from the bonus feature, “A Talented Duo,” director Danny Boyle talks about the joys of working on a romantic comedy with writer and producer Richard Curtis and shows them behind the scenes on the set of Yesterday.
Yesterday – Soul Mates Bonus Feature Clip
In this clip from the bonus feature, “Soul Mates,” stars Lily James and Himesh Patel chat about the close friendship and romance between their characters Ellie and Jack in Yesterday.
My Take on the Movie
I was excited to see this movie as I am a big Beatles fan and we were interested to see how this movie would not only portray the songs but also a world where no one knew who the Beatles were and their songs had never been written.
Himesh Patel is not an actor that I had ever seen before but he does a great job not only in portraying his own character, but also singing all of the Beatles songs. He has a great voice that allows him to bring new life the the Beatles songs that are presented in the film. Both the music and the story were strong and really make you think about how you would react if you were in a reality like this and whether you could or would give up a chance for everlasting fame, riches, wealth and more to hold onto your soul.
The movie had so many great songs throughout the movie. There were others I had wishes to hear but they could not have all of them.
All-in-all this was a great movie, with a great story, great music and an overall great message.
If you have not seen this movie, you should!
Do you want to win a copy of this great movie? Enter below