The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
Ubtech Jimu Buzzbot and Muttbot Kit Promotes STEM Learning
STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math and STEM products encourage kids to develop core skills in these areas. Best Buy carries products from basic learning games to advanced toys designed to stimulate a child’s mind in the STEM areas, helping to develop logic and problem solving skills.
One of the cool new STEM products that I recently found at Best Buy was the Ubtech Jimu Buzzbot and Muttbot kit. With this cool Ubtech Jimu Buzzbot and Muttbot kit you can create a custom-built robot that has moving arms and legs. Choose from preprogrammed movements in the Jimu Robot App, or generate unique settings with the PRP function. This UBTech Jimu Robot Buzzbot and Muttbot kit includes 271 interlocking parts and is designed for children ages 8 and older.
My daughter and I created this robot together and found the following about it:
- Once you have the app set up on your phone or tablet it will walk you through the instructions for building either the Buzzbot or Muttbot
- The instructions are very detailed and the app allows you to manipulate the pieces on your device by rotating them, making them larger or smaller and this really helps you to better understand what goes where.
- This states that it is for ages 8 and up, however, I would say that an eight year old would need a lot of adult supervision. Even my 13 year old needed some!
- As you get through the steps of creating this, you will probably find that your device needs to be charged. I would recommend charging the battery before you get to this point as the battery is a part of the head of the Buzzbot so it is the last thing that you actually create.
- Once you have created the Buzzbot you can then connect it to your device and then control your creation through either pre-made moves, or you can create your own which encourages you to play with programming of the different servos that you have working.
This was a project that was a ton of fun and offers a ton of learning potential too. You also can change up what you have created to the other creation too, so many hours of fun can definitely be had in the end!
I highly encourage all to pick up a UBTech Jimu Robot Buzzbot/Muttbot for yourself!
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply