About the Book
Teachers today feel unappreciated, underpaid, and stressed over shrinking budgets, tough children, and mandatory testing, among other things. Turnover rates are climbing. Chicken Soup for the Soul and the best teachers in America have come to the rescue with 101 inspirational stories that will make teachers laugh out loud, shed a few tears, and above all, realize that they really do make a difference and they are very much appreciated. As Anthony Mullen, the 2009 National Teacher of the Year, says in his foreword, “We need this book!”
In an unprecedented move, all 55 of the 2009 State Teachers of the Year have come together in this project, joined by several dozen other teachers and appreciative students, to write the stories in Chicken Soup for the Soul: Teacher Tales (Chicken Soup for the Soul Publishing, LLC, February 2010, 978-1-935096-47-4, $14.95).
“This book is about the heart and soul of teaching and why we have committed our lives to helping children,”
writes Mullen, “This book reminds us why we are teachers and why we love our work.”
Chicken Soup for the Soul’s publisher Amy Newmark is passionate about the value of education and determined to show teachers how important they are to our nation. She approached Mullen about creating a book that would inspire novice and veteran teachers alike. Mullen, a former New York City police detective who now heads up an alternative high school in Greenwich, Connecticut, was very enthusiastic about the project. He wanted his fellow 2009 State Teachers of the Year involved. He saw it as a chance for them to express their passion for teaching and their desire to restore the value of teachers in our society.
“These teachers represent some of the very best teachers in our country,” Mullen says. “These educators
understand what we teach is not as important as whom we teach.”
In addition to the stories from the State Teachers of the Year, Chicken Soup for the Soul selected 46 stories from teachers, and some grateful students, from the thousands of stories that were submitted. These 101 stories truly represent the honor roll of inspirational stories for teachers. Teachers will be amused and touched by the stories in Chicken Soup for the Soul.
Purpose of the Books
After 15 years of bringing real people and their stories together to touch the lives of others, Chicken Soup for the Soul® has gone beyond the bookstore to become a world leader in life improvement. Chicken Soup for the Soul is home to the largest catalog of user-generated, life-changing stories. Through books, movies, DVDs, online resources and other partnerships it brings hope, courage, inspiration and love to hundreds of millions of people around the world. Chicken Soup for the Soul authors and readers belong to a one-of-a-kind global community that shares advice, support, guidance, comfort, and knowledge.
About the Company
Chicken Soup for the Soul Publishing, LLC, publishes all the latest titles in the famous Chicken Soup for the Soul book series which are distributed through Simon and Schuster, Inc. Since 1993, books in the Chicken Soup for the Soul series have sold more than 112 million copies, with titles translated into more than 40 languages. Chicken Soup for the Soul Publishing also licenses the right to use its famous trademark to high quality licensees through IMG, the world’s premier licensing agent. The company is currently implementing a plan to expand into all media, is working with TV networks on several TV shows and is developing a major Internet presence dedicated to life improvement, emotional support and inspiration. In 2007, USA Today named Chicken Soup for the Soul one of the five most memorable and impactful books in the last quarter century. For more information visit: www.chickensoup.com.
Facts About The Reach of The Books
- Total retail sales of Chicken Soup for the Soul branded merchandise have topped $1.3 billion.
- The Chicken Soup for the Soul book series of over 200 titles has sold over 112 million copies, with titles translated into more than 40 languages.
- In 2008, Chicken Soup for the Soul became the best-selling trade paperback series in the history of publishing.
- Chicken Soup for the Soul is one of the world’s most well-known brands– 88.7% of the US public not only recognizes the Chicken Soup for the Soul brand, but knows what it is (source—Harris Polls).
- Chicken Soup for the Soul holds the world record for having the most titles on the New York Times bestseller list at one time.
- Chicken Soup for the Soul receives millions of monthly media impressions, with cross-promotion relationships in place with top media brands like King Features, Woman’s World, BeliefNet and others.
- Many of the world’s leading consumer brands have looked to Chicken Soup for the Soul for co-branding opportunities, including American Idol®, Coke®, NASCAR®, Marriott®, Campbell’s®, Arby’s®, Golf Digest® and others.
- Time Magazine called the Chicken Soup for the Soul series the “Publishing phenomenon of the decade.”
- In 2007, USA Today named Chicken Soup for the Soul one of the five most memorable and impactful books in the last quarter century.
- In 2008, Chicken Soup for the Soul and dick clark productions entered into an agreement to develop a television series based on the brand.
My Take On The Book
As a part of the award winning Chicken Soup for the Soul books, this book does a great job at continuing the tradition of great motivational and inspiring stories that readers have come to expect within these books.
As J-Mom, my mother, father and many of my other relatives are or have been teachers in the past, this book and the stories within were definitely pertinent. I came to find the stories to be inspirational and ones that any teacher would be engaged by.
I can definitely see how any new teacher or even season teacher would find comfort in the words within this book and would give them the energy and the motivation to keep persevering through the rough times as well as give comfort within the good times.
I definitely recommend this book to all!
If this book sounds like something that you are interested in, you can find it over at Amazon!