We’re getting close to the holidays and that means that it is time to celebrate with the Blog Pop Team’s Christmas Wishes Event! Between November 14-16 the 11 bloggers from Blog Pop are working together to bring you some awesome giveaways! So go and check out the following blogs for some other great prizes, and remember to come back here a lot over the next few days to enter for some great prizes! The seven blogs that are a part of the Christmas Wishes event include:
|Daddy Mojo||Still Blonde After all These years||Dad of Divas||Being MVP||Makobi Scribe|
|Momma Told Me||My Life with Rats||Keenly Kristen||Blessed Elements||Modly Chic||Andrea’s World|
My next giveaway is Below! Skylanders is “mixing it up” with the newest game in the award-winning, top-selling franchise. Skylanders SWAP Force builds upon the success of the franchise’s signature gameplay and collectible toy experience, adding an all-new dimension to the “toys to life” innovation. The game introduces a compelling play pattern — dynamic swapability — that lets gamers transform 16 SWAP Force inter-action figures into more than 250 unique characters by swapping the top and bottom halves of the toys. Now, Portal Masters can mix and match characters’ powers and moves and experience an unprecedented level of choice never before seen in a SkylandersTM game. Fans also can play Skylanders SWAP Force with their entire collection of 100+ characters from Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure® and Skylanders GiantsTM. Skylanders SWAP Force features new abilities – such as flying, climbing, digging, bouncing, or teleporting – which can be used in previously unexplored areas of Skylands centered on these play mechanics. Additionally, the game features 16 new core characters, eight new LightCore™ characters and 16 new versions of fan favorite Skylanders from previous games. Now kids will have more than 100 characters from which to choose. The game’s highesolution graphics brings detailed characters and richer environments to life, immersing players in the game like never before. In Skylanders SWAP Force, Portal Masters embark on an all new adventure in the mysterious Cloudbreak Islands, home to a mystical volcano that erupts every hundred years to replenish the magic in Skylands. During an epic battle, a brave group of Skylanders were caught in the volcano’s eruption, which blasted them apart and sent them to earth. But, the magic of the volcano gave these heroes a remarkable new power — the ability to swap halves – turning them into a special team known as the SWAP Force. Meanwhile, Kaos is back with a new evil plan. And now, Portal Masters everywhere must reassemble the SWAP Force — in their original form or in new combinations — and send them back to Cloudbreak to save Skylands! KEY FEATURES:
- Dynamic Swapability – Skylanders SWAP Force features 16 new SWAP Force inter-action figures with new powers and a fresh play pattern – dynamic swapability – that lets kids create more than 250 unique character combinations, giving them more choice than ever before over how they fight and move in the game. With each new addition to their Skylanders SWAP Force collection, Portal Masters unlock an exciting world of possibilities.
- Gameplay Variety – Skylanders SWAP Force delivers a diverse and dynamic, story-driven gameplay experience, filled with adventure, combat, puzzles, mini games, activities, platforming, traps & hazards and drop-in/drop-out co-op play — all set within compelling environments. With each new addition to their SWAP Force collection, Portal Masters unlock exciting new possibilities. Seasoned fans can play Skylanders SWAP Force with their entire collection of 100+ forward compatible characters from Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure and Skylanders Giants. Plus, the level cap has been raised to 20 for all Skylanders characters, including legacy characters. Additionally, based on fan demand, all Skylanders now have the ability to jump.
- All-New Characters – More than 50 collectible characters including 32 never-before-seen Skylanders heroes each with unique powers and personalities:
- 16 new SWAP Force characters
- 16 new Core Skylanders characters
- 8 LightCore™ Skylanders characters
- 16 new versions of fan-favorite Skylanders from the previous games, each featuring an all new “Wow Pow” upgrade power
- Exciting Adventure – Portal Masters will embark on a brand new adventure, encountering never-before-seen enemies and challenges, as well as meeting memorable non-playable characters who can help the Skylanders defeat Kaos and his minions in the Cloudbreak Islands.
- Unique SWAP Force Zones – Skylanders SWAP Force characters feature new abilities – such as flying, climbing, digging, bouncing, or teleporting – each of which can be explored in new areas of Skylands.
- Assortment of Gameplay Modes – Players will be able to experience various Survival and Battle Modes, all featuring vibrant, action-packed arenas and environments where Portal Masters can test the true strength of their Skylanders.
- Solo Survival Mode – Single player horde style mode where players must battle through waves of enemies
- Team Survival Mode – Two-player co-op horde style mode where a team must battle through waves of enemies
- Rival Mode – Two-player “versus” mode where both players must fend off waves of enemies; the player with the higher score wins
- Battle Arena Mode – Player vs. player-style mode that lets Portal Masters pit their Skylanders against each other
- Ring Out Mode – Players must fight to knock their opponents out of the battle arena
- Enhanced Graphics Quality – Console versions of Skylanders SWAP Force feature highesolution graphics that bring to life amazingly detailed characters and richer environments to deliver a high level of visual fidelity that immerse players in the game like never before.
My Take on the Game
I have been a fan of Skylanders since they first came out and in playing this new version I have to say that it is just as fun (if not more fun). In this game one of the main great features of the game is that you can swap characters. There are 16 Swap Force figures which in the end offer 256 different character combinations. You take these players and can swap out the top and bottom halves to get the best of all characters in one hybrid character. Thus you get to design your own characters as you move through the game, making the game itself even more fun!
One thing that all parents have to keep in mind, seeing that there are 16 main characters, is that this is a collectible type game and you have to have these additional characters to be able to make the most of the game and for the best overall gameplay. Each day that I have played I have worked hard to be able to level up my past Skylander characters as well as using the new ones. You can have individual quests in this game, much like that in Giants, but you will find that many are quite similar to what you have seen there. Also, even though the quests are similar you will have to repeat them as there is no way to be able to carry over the quests themselves from Skylander Giants to Swap Force unfortunately. That being said the game itself is a ton of fun and you will be able to have hours of great time together as you play through this with all of your different characters.
This game raises the bar for existing players and overall the game is a blast and if your family is like mine, you will have to set time limits for playing (as we love playing it so much)!
- Enter any of the giveaways below
Winner must be a resident of the U.S. Winners are chosen at random, if you want all your chances counted, make sure you leave individual comments, not all of them in one! Winner has 48 hours to contact me or another name will be chosen. As required by the FTC: Blog POP! received no monetary compensation for this post. All opinions expressed are those of the writer’s alone. THE FINE PRINT: All entrants must be 18 years of age or older. Please read each giveaway’s directions carefully as entry methods may differ, and giveaways may be open to different world areas. Please make sure you leave a way (valid email address) with your entries to be contacted if you win. Please note that Dad of Divas, Blog POP! or the Blog POP! bloggers are not responsible for sponsors that do not fulfill their prizes. We have represented each sponsor with the expectation they will fulfill their prize and in a timely manner. The sponsors, in most cases, are shipping their items to you directly. We will make every effort to assist you obtaining your prize. If there is an issue with a sponsor please notify the blog you won a prize from within 30 days for assistance, after that we may be unable to assist you. Good luck!
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at [email protected]