I have been a video game lover for years. Starting when I was a kid starting on the Commodore 64 and moving on, I have been experiencing and trying different games and gaming systems through the years, but since the beginning, Skylanders has been a company that continues to push the gauntlet in trying new things and being innovative in their approaches.
I was first introduced to Skylanders when I went to New York City for a Toy Show that I attended. I loved the different characters and the interactive nature of the characters with their elements as well as with the game and the player too. Skylanders has continued to grow as they added new lines to their game. Adding Skylanders, Skylanders and Skylanders the game not only changed, but you continued to get new characters, a new story and new interactivity within the game too. Just recently you may have seen that Skylanders did it again and just released their newest game, Skylanders SuperChargers Racing. This game brought the game to a new level adding in vehicles to the Skylanders world. The game incorporates a racing style where you can use characters that are unique to this game but also from all of the other games too. I have game pieces from all of the different games and I loved that they were interchangeable.
Skylanders has created a unique partnership with Nintendo and you will find some cross-over characters in this game to ones you have come to know and love like Bowser and Donkey Kong. On the bottom of these characters you will find that there is a toggle that will let you select whether you want to use them in Skylanders Superchargers or if you want to use them as an Amibo on the Nintendo platform.
The game itself had great graphics and controls and you were able to truly take control of the vehicles that you were in. Whether you are in a plane, car or something in between, you have a ton of fun. Also, having three levels of difficulty helps you to have some challenge. You also can unlock new things as you go along so the game has a long shelf life.
All-in-all we have been having a ton of fun with this and it really has re-energized our passion for Skylanders!
Some additional fun features included:
- Single-player Adventure Mode
- Online and local co-operative Adventure Mode
- Local 2-player head-to-head racing in split screen (offline)
- Online competitive racing with up to 4 players playable in land, sea, and sky environments
- Includes time trials and lap races
- Voice chat can be activated with friends
- Optional expansion packs will be available upon launch to unlock extended content and will come with three toys (a SuperCharger, their signature vehicle, a villain trophy)
- A dedicated combat racing game, Skylanders SuperChargers Racing, will be made available on Wii and Nintendo 3DS
- Nintendo guest stars: Turbo Charge Donkey Kong and Hammer Slam Bowser and their respective vehicles will debut on Nintendo platforms
- Find out more at the Skylanders Superchargers Website!
If you are a Skylanders fan, you will love this. If you have never tried this before, you need to try it today!
Check out the review that my daughter and I did below!
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at [email protected]