I have always been a fan of history and mythology. That being said I read when it first came out ten years ago. Rick Riordan did an amazing job at bringing together mythology and present day together with characters that all readers could relate to. All of the books that came to follow were action-packed thrill rides that not only were entertaining, but they were also educational.
To celebrate the 10 years of The Lightning Thief I wanted to share my Top Ten Favorite Greek Gods (In no Certain Order)!
- Zeus – King of the gods, the ruler of Mount Olympus and the god of the Sky, Weather, Thunder, Law, Order and Fate.
- Poseidon – God of the Sea, Rivers, Floods, Droughts, Storms, Earthquakes and Horses.
- Hermes – Hermes was the god of Travel, Messengers, Trade, Thievery, Cunning Wiles, Language, Writing, Diplomacy, Athletics, and Animal Husbandry
- Hephaestus – Hephaestus was the god of Fire, Metalworking, Stonemasonry, Sculpture and Volcanism.
- Hades – Hades was the King of the Underworld and the god of Death, the Dead, and the Hidden Wealth of the Earth
- Athena – Athena was the goddess of Wisdom, Warfare, Strategy, Heroic Endeavor, Handicrafts and Reason
- Apollo – God of Music, Healing, Plague, Prophecies, Poetry, and Archery, Apollo is most notably known as the Sun god.
- Aphrodite – God of Love and Beauty
- Dionysus – God of Wine, Parties and Festivals, Madness, Civilization, Drunkenness and Pleasure.
- Ares – Ares is most famously known as the god of War, Bloodlust, Violence, Manly Courage, and Civil Order
MAGNUS CHASE SNEAK PEEK ON RICKRIORDAN.COM
Catch a sneak peek of available online at ReadRiordan.com!
BARNES & NOBLE COLLECTOR’S EDITION
The perfect gift for new and faithful Percy fans: Barnes & Noble offers customers an exclusive Collector’s Edition of The Lightning Thief to celebrate the 10th anniversary. This version includes extra content from both author and illustrator as well as a specially designed jacket and endpapers. Purchase here.
10TH ANNIVERSARY ACTIVITY KIT
Available starting June 12th, visit ReadRiordan.com to download a special 10th anniversary Percy Pack Activity Kit.
ABOUT THE SERIES
Percy Jackson is a good kid, but he can’t seem to focus on his schoolwork or control his temper. And lately, being away at boarding school is only getting worse–Percy could have sworn his pre-algebra teacher turned into a monster and tried to kill him. When Percy’s mom finds out, she knows it’s time that he knew the truth about where he came from, and that he go to the one place he’ll be safe. She sends Percy to Camp Half Blood, a summer camp for demigods (on Long Island), where he learns that the father he never knew is Poseidon, God of the Sea. Soon a mystery unfolds and together with his friends–one a satyr and the other the demigod daughter of Athena–Percy sets out on a quest across the United States to reach the gates of the Underworld (located in a recording studio in Hollywood) and prevent a catastrophic war between the gods.
CELEBRATE PERCY’S 10TH ANNIVERSARY with The Lightning Thief, the book that started the internationally best-selling Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.
THE LIGHTNING THIEF has sold millions of copies worldwide, appears on school reading lists nationwide, and inspired a major motion picture. Accolades include:
- Included in Time Magazine’s 2014 List of 100 best Young-Adult Books of All Times
- A New York Times Notable Book of 20015
- A Child Magazine Best Book of the Year
- A School Library Journal Best Book of 2005
- More than 6 year on the New York Times Best Sellers List (and counting!)
RICK RIORDAN ONLINE
Visit the Official Website
Follow Rick Riordan on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
Percy Jackson and the Olympians box set!
Winner must be a resident of the U.S.
Winners are chosen at random, if you want all your chances counted, make sure you leave individual comments, not all of them in one!
Winner has 48 hours to contact me or another name will be chosen.
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply