Our 274th Dad in the Limelight is Rock Musician Jeff Schneeweis. I want to thank Jeff for being a part of this series. It has been great getting connected with him and now sharing him with all of you.
I am 31 years old. A husband, and father of 2 girls that are 2 and 4 years old. I am a full time musician and producer. I am living my dream.
2) Tell me about your family
My wife Kristen is my best friend. She is a stay at home mom and probably the best mom I have ever seen. No really, she is. My 2 daughters Lydia and Abby make me the happiest man in the universe. it would take me about 2 years to write down the different reasons I love them and how much they inspire me. I am so lucky and blessed to have them. Oh, and they are GREAT sleepers! Haha. Which is always a plus! 🙂
3) What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
That is a great question. To be honest, I don’t even know the answer to that. All I know is that adjusting to what they need and how they fit in our life, and how we fit in their life, has been probably one of the most fun processes I ever ever had and will have.
4) What advice would you give to other fathers?
Be selfless. Be patient and give them the time of day to listen to what they have to say, even if it doesn’t make sense. You will develop trust and have an amazing relationship with them as they get older.
5) Seeing that you (or your position) are in the limelight, how have you come to balance parenthood and outside life? If you are currently not in the limelight per se, please still answer this in regards to how you balance parenthood and outside life.
Well, if I didn’t have my wife, I honestly don’t know what I would do sometimes. I have a really busy life. REALLY busy. She keeps me balanced. No matter who you are and what you are doing, if you have a good team that is connected, you win.
6) What have you learned from the fathers that you have interacted with?
I think the main thing is that they teach me by experience and example that everything is going to be fine when I am freaking out about them being sick, or they fall and get hurt, or anything else (haha). They keep me relaxed.
7) What else would you share regarding your experiences as a father thus far?
Sounds weird, but to be honest, I think I have a WAY better understanding of how God loves me be cause I understand what it’s like to love my kids. I would do anything for them!
8) What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a parent?
It’s all the little things that add up and there are too many little moments to try to put into detail. I just watch their every moment and move so I don’t miss anything because everything they do is priceless!
If you have any questions for Jeff, please leave a comment here and I will make sure that he gets them so that he may be able to respond!