Our 286th Dad in the Limelight is James Langston. I want to thank James for being a part of this series. It has been great getting connected with him and now sharing him with all of you.
1) Tell me about yourself, (as well as how you are in the limelight for my readers knowledge)
I’m a 29 year old father of two awesome girls. I love proper football(soccer), video games and comic books.
2) Tell me about your family
My wife Kati and I have two girls Penny and Harper, aged 2 1/2 and 1. Kati works full time and I stay at home and take care of the girls.
3) What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
Being a stay at home dad is by far the hardest thing I’ve ever done. Everyday is
different then the last, some days are easy others not so much, but its amazing to be able to see them lean and discover things. I’m very lucky.
4) What advice would you give to other fathers?
Relax. Don’t get to caught up with trying to do everything “by the book”. Be ?exible and have fun. Thats the most important part, having fun.
5) Seeing that you (or your position) are in the limelight, how have you come to balance parenthood and outside life? If you are currently not in the limelight per se, please still answer this in regards to how you balance parenthood and outside life.
Honestly we don’t have to much of a life outside of the kids and my wife’s work, I have a few friends I watch soccer and get beers with every now and then but most of my free time is spent with my wife who I never really see. We just found a good baby sitter so I hope this will change soon.
6) What have you learned from the fathers that you have interacted with?
That nobody is perfect, and there is no right or wrong way to do things. Just do what works best for you and your family.
7) What else would you share regarding your experiences as a father thus far?
Patience, patience, patience. Nobody mentions how much you need with a toddler.
8) What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a parent?
The births were amazing, both of them were so different. Just watching them ?gure stuff out, seeing it in their faces when they do.
If you have any questions for James, please leave a comment here and I will make sure that he gets them so that he may be able to respond!