About The Book
Twelve years ago, renowned physician and author Dr. William Sears was diagnosed with cancer. He, like so many people, wanted-and needed-to take control of his health. Dr. Sears created a comprehensive, science based, head-to-toe program for living a long, fit life-and it worked. Now at the peak of health, Dr. Sears shares his program in PRIME-TIME HEALTH. This engaging and deeply informative book will motivate readers to make crucial behavior and lifestyle changes. Dr. Sears explores how to keep each body system healthy and delay those usual ageelated changes. Written in Dr. Sears’s wise, accessible, and entertaining voice, PRIME-TIME HEALTH is a practical program to help you live your best life possible-pain-free, disease-free, stress-free, and medication-free.
About The Author
William Sears (born c. 1940) is an American pediatrician and the author or co-author of more than 30 parenting books, most notably several in the “Sears Parenting Library.” He is a frequent guest on television talkshows, where he goes by the name Dr. Bill. He and his wife Martha Sears, R.N., are among the leading proponents of the attachment parenting philosophy.
My Take On This Book
This book is definitely geared toward the Baby-Boomer generation (and older). While I am not in this generation, I am still getting older (regretfully) and this book does provide the reader with a treasure trove of great information about how to live a healthy and fit life as you get older.
Some of the ideas that Sears professess are ones that you would normally think of. Eat healthy foods (not junk foods). Move, don’t just sit on your rump…. but none-the-less it is still sage advice for what we all should do even as we are young.
The book is broken down into five main parts including:
- Keeping Your Body at its Prime
- Prime-Time Well-Being
- Prime-Time Health Care
- Prime-Time Fitness
- The Prime-Time Plan
What I liked about the book was that it was full of practical advice for the person who is in the prime of their life. It provides great examples as well as images and step-by-step instructions regarding what one should do to maintain their health as they age.
So if you are looking for a great guidebook that can help you prepare for the prime of your life, this is a great start!
- Subscribe to this blog either by RSS or email for one entry (top right hand corner, if you already do leave in a separate comment)
- Stumble this post. (leave username in comment per day)
- Digg this post (Leave username in comment)
- Follow me on Twitter (@dadofdivas) (leave username in comment)
- Share this giveaway on Twitter, Facebook or any forum, including the name of the prize and a link to this post. Here I’ll make it easier on you, copy and paste this:” @dadofdivas is giving away 5 copies of Prime Time Health – http://dadofdivas.blogspot.com/” (Then leave the link to your post. One entry per place per day)
- Bookmark this post in Delicious, Digg, StumbleUpon, or whatever social bookmarking site is your favorite. (Leave comment with the info. One entry per site per day)
- Add me to your Technorati Favs list (one entry, leave username in comment)
- Become a fan of Dad of Divas on Facebook (Leave username in comment)
- Become a fan of Fandangling on Facebook (Leave username in comment)
Make sure you comment separately for each task after the required entry task so you will get credit for each one ~ and leave your e-mail where you can be contacted.
This contest will run until January 13, 2010 at approximately 11:59 pm Eastern.
Winner must be a resident of the U.S or Canada.
Winners are chosen at random, if you want all your chances counted, make sure you leave individual comments, not all of them in one!
Winner has 48 hours to contact me or another name will be chosen.
New to the Divadom?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at [email protected]