About the Book
Surviving and Thriving During and After Your Diagnosis and Treatment
Inspiring Chicken Soup for the Soul stories and accessible leading-edge medical information from Dr. Julie Silver of Harvard Medical School. The stories in this book from women with breast cancer and their family members, along with the up-to-date medical information provided, will give you inspiration, strength and hope. This book will educate and comfort you and will serve as a support group from diagnosis through treatment to rehabilitation and recovery.
Purpose of the Books
After 15 years of bringing real people and their stories together to touch the lives of others, Chicken Soup for the Soul® has gone beyond the bookstore to become a world leader in life improvement. Chicken Soup for the Soul is home to the largest catalog of user-generated, life-changing stories. Through books, movies, DVDs, online resources and other partnerships it brings hope, courage, inspiration and love to hundreds of millions of people around the world. Chicken Soup for the Soul authors and readers belong to a one-of-a-kind global community that shares advice, support, guidance, comfort, and knowledge.
About the Company
Chicken Soup for the Soul Publishing, LLC, publishes all the latest titles in the famous Chicken Soup for the Soul book series which are distributed through Simon and Schuster, Inc. Since 1993, books in the Chicken Soup for the Soul series have sold more than 112 million copies, with titles translated into more than 40 languages. Chicken Soup for the Soul Publishing also licenses the right to use its famous trademark to high quality licensees through IMG, the world’s premier licensing agent. The company is currently implementing a plan to expand into all media, is working with TV networks on several TV shows and is developing a major Internet presence dedicated to life improvement, emotional support and inspiration. In 2007, USA Today named Chicken Soup for the Soul one of the five most memorable and impactful books in the last quarter century. For more information visit: http://www.chickensoup.com/.
Facts About The Reach of The Books
- Total retail sales of Chicken Soup for the Soul branded merchandise have topped $1.3 billion.
- The Chicken Soup for the Soul book series of over 200 titles has sold over 112 million copies, with titles translated into more than 40 languages.
- In 2008, Chicken Soup for the Soul became the best-selling trade paperback series in the history of publishing.
- Chicken Soup for the Soul is one of the world’s most well-known brands– 88.7% of the US public not only recognizes the Chicken Soup for the Soul brand, but knows what it is (source—Harris Polls).
- Chicken Soup for the Soul holds the world record for having the most titles on the New York Times bestseller list at one time.
- Chicken Soup for the Soul receives millions of monthly media impressions, with cross-promotion relationships in place with top media brands like King Features, Woman’s World, BeliefNet and others.
- Many of the world’s leading consumer brands have looked to Chicken Soup for the Soul for co-branding opportunities, including American Idol®, Coke®, NASCAR®, Marriott®, Campbell’s®, Arby’s®, Golf Digest® and others.
- Time Magazine called the Chicken Soup for the Soul series the “Publishing phenomenon of the decade.”
- In 2007, USA Today named Chicken Soup for the Soul one of the five most memorable and impactful books in the last quarter century.
- In 2008, Chicken Soup for the Soul and dick clark productions entered into an agreement to develop a television series based on the brand.
My Take On The Book
This was a great book that brought together some great first hand stories with professional commentary and advice for anyone that has or is suffering or living with Breast Cancer. This book brings so many stories together that are both inspiring and motivating and you truly see and experience the hope and healing that others find in their journey through this disease.
While the subject matter of this book is sometimes heavy, you will definitely find inspiration and solace in the experiences that people share and you will also learn and grow from these experiences too. If you want to learn and be inspired, look no further than this book!
How would you like to win this book for yourself? All you have to do is fill out the below form to be entered into this giveaway. I will be choosing three winners and the contest will end at 11:59 pm on September 29, 2012.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site’s Disclaimer for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at [email protected]