There are so many things that I think about now that I wish my #FutureYou would have known. Lately I have been thinking about my life, health and more. Maybe it is getting to be over the age of 40, or maybe it is seeing and feeling my body change that is making me feel this way, but it is definitely something that has been weighing heavily on my mind.
As I think about this I have to say that if I was writing a letter to my younger self, it might have gone something like the following:
You probably are surprised to get this from me, but yes this letter is from you, however lets just say it is from a version that has a bit more miles under his belt! I was able to purse the time space vortex to get you this letter because there are a few things that you need to know, and if possible change NOW, so we have an amazing future.
- Stay working out – and stay consistent with it. I know that you can set a goal for yourself and stick to it, but fitness has always been a struggle. This is something you should start now!
- Keep investing consistently. Take a portion of your finances and weekly / monthly start saving for retirement and more!
- Do what you can to keep your hair healthy. You have a lot of hair now, but eventually it will start to disappear and thin out. If that means using Rogaine® early, do it. Don’t end up like your dad!
- Be patient with your wife and kids. There will be challenging times but you will persevere.
- NEVER put a lid on oil as it is on the stove. Trust me on this!
- Make sure to talk to your wife about decisions that need to be made and make sure that both of you are 100% behind the decisions!
- Take advantage of opportunities that avail themselves, but not at the risk of your family relationships.
- Ask for help when carrying things down basement stairs. Don’t try and carry bulky loads alone as you may fall and injure yourself.
These are a few things that I wanted to share with you. I did not tell you too much because I do not want to tempt fate in changing the balance of time. However, the time is now to make changes and to make sure that you are preparing for your future.
Hang in there!
Chris (Your Future Self)
As you can see I would be very wary on what I shared as I do not want to have issues like The Flash did in creating a time paradox…. instead, I would want to try to give ideas about starting things earlier and making better choices that will impact myself currently.
All of this is theoretical I know, but I wish I could do this!
One of the other things that has been bothering me lately is that my hair keeps on thinning. I question whether starting something like Rogaine® earlier would have helped me keep any of the hair I have lost before. I have been looking into this and Rogaine® treats Hereditary Hair Loss which is seen as thinning at the crown of the head. Unfortunately, this dang hereditary hair loss is a progressive condition. So if you don’t do something about it, you’ll continue to lose more and more hair over time which is what I have seen happen to others. As I look at the Men’s Rogaine® Unscented Foam package that I have I see that it must be used twice a day, every day to maintain results so if I am going to get moving and using this I better keep using it!
As I was looking into hair loss I found some interesting information:
- 32% of men report hair loss by age 35
- 54% of men are concerned with losing their hair
- Hereditary hair loss accounts for 95% of all hair loss in both men and women
- Men can begin experiencing hereditary hair loss as early as their late teens or early 20’s
- Hereditary hair loss is permanent, and can be inherited from either the mother’s or father’s side
- DO’S & DO NOT’S (REQUIRED)
- DO include ® sign after Rogaine®
- DO refer to product as Men’s Rogaine® Unscented Foam
- DO follow FTC disclosure guidelines
- DO NOT suggest Rogaine® as a preventative measure against future hair loss (it doesn’t work like that!)
- DO NOT suggest Rogaine® for beard growth, eyebrow growth, chest hair growth, etc.
- DO NOT suggest Rogaine® for hair loss as a result of chemotherapy, alopecia, stress, perms, etc.
- DO NOT poke fun at people suffering from any type of hair loss
ROGAINE® is the first topical brand FDA-approved to help regrow hair—in both men and women. With more than 20 years of results and numerous clinical trials, ROGAINE® is the #1 dermatologist recommended brand for hair regrowth.
ROGAINE® products counteract the effects of hereditary hair loss, and with revolutionary Men’s ROGAINE® Foam, the ROGAINE® Brand continues to lead the way in topical products for regrowing hair. Men’s ROGAINE® Foam revitalizes hair follicles and is clinically proven to help regrow hair in men who used it every day for 4 months.
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at [email protected]